May 22, 2009
Cocktail Marinade Recipes
Recipes from Chef Joshua Tepperberg of Dr. Marinade featuring Allen Brothers Steaks and More.
Bloody Mary Porterhouse Steak
Porterhouse steak marinated in a bloody mary sauce and grilled to perfection
- 4 USDA Prime Porterhouse steak from Allen Brothers Steaks
- 1 Cup Svedka Vodka
- 14 oz Tomato Puree
- 2 Tablespoons worchestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon grated horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon Dr. Marinade hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons celery salt
- In a large bowl, combine vodka, tomato puree, worchestershire sauce, horseradish, pepper sauce, salt, black pepper and celery salt.
- Place steak in the mixture, refrigerate and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat grill to high or med-high, place steaks on grill and cook to preferred wellness.
**Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the steak**
Margarita Chicken Salad With Citrus Vinaigrette -
Chicken breast soaked in a southwestern tequila soak made with tequils, fresh lime and herbs, then grilled, sliced and served over mixed greens.
- 4 Heritage Breed Boneless chicken breast from Allen Brothers Steaks
- Mixed Field Greens
- Margarita Sauce
- ½ Cup Partida Silver tequila
- ½ Cup lime juice
- ½ Cup lemon juice
- ¼ Cup packed fresh cilantro
- ¼ Cup packed fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
Citrus Vinaigrette ingredients
- 1 Cup Sunsweet orange mango juice
- ¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ Cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine the Margarita sauce ingredients in a deep bowl.
- Submerge chicken breasts in the margarita sauce mixture, refrigerate and let marinate for three hours.
- Blend all the liquid ingredients of the citrus vinaigrette in a large bowl, add salt and pepper, whisk until blended and refrigerate.
- Heat grill to med-high. Once the grill reaches temperature, cook the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes each side.
- Once cooked through, remove chicken from the gill, let sit for 5 minutes then slice.
- Serve sliced chicken over the field greens and top with the citrus vinaigrette.
Sparkling Citrus Lobster Tails
- 4 Maine & Canadian lobster tails from Allen Brothers Steaks
- 1 Cup Fantinel proseco
- ½ Cup Noble blood orange juice
- 5 fresh sage leaves minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the Proseco , juice, shallots, sage and salt.
- Split lobster tails down the center and place them in the mixture. Refrigerate and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to med-high. Place lobsters, meat side down and grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip lobsters and cook (shell side down) for another 10 to 12 minutes until the meat is opaque all the way thru.
- Remove from heat and serve.