DetailsMangalitsa is the prized “royal” pork, originally bred for Archduke Joseph of Hungary in the 1830s. Deep and sweet with a gentle smoke flavor and thick ribbons of silky fat, Mangalitsa bacon is rich in “good” monounsaturated fat and high in Omega-3 fatty acids. Be sure to save the pan drippings for sautéing onions or mushrooms.
- Shipping Info
Exclusive AB Prime Protection for a Delivery in Wholesome Condition
- We are eager to pack and ship your Allen Brothers order and offer your choice of the following Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Days: Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- Order BEFORE Wednesday, Noon CST to receive your order on Friday of the same week!
- Orders placed after Noon CST on Wednesday will reflect available Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Dates for the following week - sorry, we do not ship our products over the weekend.
- Overnight Delivery Service reduces the time-in-transit to just 1 day for an additional $25 and is the perfect solution if you would like to receive your order on a Tuesday or you place your order AFTER Noon CST and would like to receive your order within 2 business days.
- All meats are individually shrink-wrapped and flash frozen to lock in all natural juices and flavor.
- Products are packaged in an attractive gift box and nestled in a reusable polystyrene container with enough dry ice to ensure safe delivery. The container is placed in a heavy-duty corrugate box for an additional layer of protection.
- When sending a gift you must make sure the gift recipient will be available for delivery.
Please see our SHIPPING PAGE for shipping costs, holiday order deadlines and more: https://www.allenbrothers.com/contact-shipping-information
- Cooking Instructions
1 POUND PACKAGE; SERVES 2-4
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
To best enjoy this unique bacon, we encourage you to caramelize (brown) your Mangalitsa bacon through a searing process in a hot pan. However, we do not recommend crisping this bacon.
- Heat your skillet to high heat. There is no need to use any cooking oil.
- Sear your bacon for approximately 1 minute on each side or until the edges begin to brown and caramelize.
- For best results, place a weighted meat press or flat iron on top of the bacon for even caramelization.
- Remove from the pan and plate or use to add flavor to your favorite dish.
- When the pan and oil cool, pour the remaining oil into a container for future use as you would olive oil. You can use this monounsaturated cooking oil to flavor sauces, sear steaks, pan fry vegetables or to enhance the flavor of many other dishes.
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 15-20 minutes before cooking.
- Nutritional Information