SERVES 2 AS AN ENTRÉE OR 6-8 AS AN APPETIZER
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
- 2 8 oz Wagyu steaks, thawed*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
GRAPEFRUIT PONZU DIPPING SAUCE
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut steaks crosswise into 4 thick pieces. Then slice each of the 4 pieces horizontally through the center into 2 thin slices. Thread each of the 8 thin slices horizontally onto bamboo skewers.
- Lightly brush steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Prepare a ceramic stone and hibachi grill: Preheat ceramic stone by placing it on the burner of a gas stove and heating it over the open flame for about 10 minutes. Then place the heated stone on top of the mesh grill of the hibachi. Brush the stone with a little olive oil. Light the Sterno.
- Place Wagyu steak brochettes on the hot ceramic stone and grill to perfection, about 1 minute per side.
- Serve with grapefruit ponzu dipping sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Yoshi Katsumara of Yoshi's cafe.
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
**The USDA recommends cooking to a minimum internal temperature of 160°F (see Preparation Methods for details).
Use a meat thermometer and check temperature in the center of the meat.
Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.