1 PACKAGE; SERVES 4-6 AS AN APPETIZER
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
- 1 pkg sweetbreads
- 2 cups white wine or water
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch thyme
- pinch pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- Bring water or wine with carrot, celery, garlic, thyme and bay leaf to a simmer and blanch sweetbreads for about 4 minutes.
- Shock sweetbreads in cold water bath and remove any membrane that remains.
- Slice about ¼ inch thick. Set aside.
- Set up flour and bread crumbs in separate dishes. Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in separate dish. Toss sweetbreads in flour, dip in egg mixture and dredge in bread crumbs.
- Heat skillet to medium high with 3 tablespoons corn oil.
- Sauté the sweetbread slices on each side to golden brown. Remove and place on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, ranch or buttermilk dressing.
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 15-20 minutes before cooking.