8 SLICES; SERVES 4
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
- 8 veal slices (2-ounce or extra-thin), thawed*
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced for paste
- 24 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped for paste
- 16 slices of thin prosciutto, about 1 pound
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- pepper, to taste
- With the back of a knife blade, mash garlic and sage to a fine paste.
- Pat veal slices dry.
- Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic sage paste on both slices of veal. Layer with 2 prosciutto slices and secure with 3 wooden toothpicks. Arrange prosciutto-side down and season with pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on high. As it begins to smoke, sauté 2 slices at a time, prosciutto-side down, for 30 seconds. Turn, then sauté until veal is cooked through, about 30 seconds more. Transfer to a platter, cover loosely with foil and keep warm.
- Pour off oil from skillet and return to high. Add wine and deglaze pan, scraping up brown bits. Bring to a boil and reduce sauce to about 2/3 cup.
- Discard toothpicks and drizzle veal slices with reduced sauce.
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking.