4 8 OUNCE STEAKS; SERVES 4
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
- 4 8 oz ahi tuna steaks, thawed*
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 16 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon scapers, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until transparent and slightly brown, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, capers and olives. Simmer until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In another large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium-high.
- Add steaks and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Pour tomato mixture over steaks and simmer about 3 minutes.
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 15-20 minutes before cooking.