4 8 OUNCE STEAKS; SERVE 4-6
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
- 4 8 oz skirt steaks, thawed*
- 2 dried chipotle chilies, opened and seeded
- 1 tablespoon each cumin, coriander and mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon each garlic flakes and onion flakes
- pinch of cinnamon
- Toast chilies, cumin, coriander and mustard seeds in a dry pan on high 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a spice mill or blender, add remaining ingredients and grind to a fine powder.
- Rub spices evenly on steaks.
- Grill 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare or to desired doneness.
- Let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot as fajitas, with your favorite side dishes or let cool and serve as a steak salad.
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.