6 2-4 OUNCE SLICES; SERVE 4-6
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
- 6 2-4 oz sirloin strip slices, thawed*
- 2 loaves Italian bread, cut in half and split
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium to large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread softened butter on Italian bread, set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high. Add sirloin slices and generously season with salt and pepper. Sear 2-3 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Heat pan again and saute onion slices and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently and cook until brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Slice steaks into thin strips while toasting buttered Italian bread in the oven. Add sautéed onions and garlic to steak slices, then place evenly over toasted bread.
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.