DetailsThe trend in “nose to tail” cooking uses every part of the animal and has introduced some new favorites like beef cheeks. Best when slow braised until the morsels become meltingly tender with a rich, memorable mouth feel.
- Shipping Info
Exclusive AB Prime Protection for a Delivery in Wholesome Condition
- We are eager to pack and ship your Allen Brothers order and offer your choice of the following Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Days: Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- Order BEFORE Wednesday, Noon CST to receive your order on Friday of the same week!
- Orders placed after Noon CST on Wednesday will reflect available Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Dates for the following week - sorry, we do not ship our products over the weekend.
- Overnight Delivery Service reduces the time-in-transit to just 1 day for an additional $25 and is the perfect solution if you would like to receive your order on a Tuesday or you place your order AFTER Noon CST and would like to receive your order within 2 business days.
- All meats are individually shrink-wrapped and flash frozen to lock in all natural juices and flavor.
- Products are packaged in an attractive gift box and nestled in a reusable polystyrene container with enough dry ice to ensure safe delivery. The container is placed in a heavy-duty corrugate box for an additional layer of protection.
- When sending a gift you must make sure the gift recipient will be available for delivery.
Please see our SHIPPING PAGE for shipping costs, holiday order deadlines and more: https://www.allenbrothers.com/contact-shipping-information
- Cooking Instructions
4 pkgs, 1 lb ea
Three One Pound Cheeks, Serves 6-8
Thaw product on a dish in the refrigerator.* Remove Beef Cheeks from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking for best results.
Flour for dredging
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1 onion, quartered and chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 ribs of celery, chopped
2-3 ripe tomatoes or a small can of stewed plum tomatoes
1 cup dry red wine
2-3 quarts of low-sodium chicken or beef stock
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in an ovenproof 6-quart heavy pot with lid over medium-high heat.
2. Season the beef cheeks with salt and pepper then lightly dredge in flour and add to heated pot without crowding the pieces.
3. Brown the beef on all sides for about 20 minutes and transfer to a plate. Drain off fat from pot.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Over medium heat, add garlic, thyme and vegetables to pot, season with salt and pepper and sweat until softened. Return the browned beef cheeks to the pot add the braising liquids (until the beef is nearly covered) and bring to a boil.
6. Cover pot, transfer to oven, and cook, turning beef cheeks every hour, until fork tender, about 2-3 hours.
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.