DetailsEnjoy fall-off-the-bone tenderness plus the rich flavor which comes from slow cooking. Try braising with wine, onions or garlic, mushrooms, selected vegetables and a bouquet of spices. The longer they cook the better your short rib preparation will be. Patience will be rewarded and your family and guests will savor every bite.
- Shipping Info
Exclusive AB Prime Protection for a Delivery in Wholesome Condition
- We are eager to pack and ship your Allen Brothers order and offer your choice of the following Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Days: Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- Order BEFORE Wednesday, Noon CST to receive your order on Friday of the same week!
- Orders placed after Noon CST on Wednesday will reflect available Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Dates for the following week - sorry, we do not ship our products over the weekend.
- Overnight Delivery Service reduces the time-in-transit to just 1 day for an additional $25 and is the perfect solution if you would like to receive your order on a Tuesday or you place your order AFTER Noon CST and would like to receive your order within 2 business days.
- All meats are individually shrink-wrapped and flash frozen to lock in all natural juices and flavor.
- Products are packaged in an attractive gift box and nestled in a reusable polystyrene container with enough dry ice to ensure safe delivery. The container is placed in a heavy-duty corrugate box for an additional layer of protection.
- When sending a gift you must make sure the gift recipient will be available for delivery.
Please see our SHIPPING PAGE for shipping costs, holiday order deadlines and more: https://www.allenbrothers.com/contact-shipping-information
- Cooking Instructions
4 16 OUNCE RIBS; SERVES 4
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
- 4 16 oz beef short ribs, thawed*
- 3 cups flour, divided
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1½ quarts beef stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add salt and pepper to 2¾ cups of flour. Lightly dredge ribs in flour and seasoning, coating thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet with high sides or Dutch oven, then brown ribs on each side. Remove from skillet.
- Leave 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet and add celery, carrots, onions and garlic. Sauté until browned.
- Add 1½ cups of red wine to skillet and whisk in tomato paste. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the ribs, thyme and bay leaves, cover with beef stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and place in the oven. Cook approximately 2 hours, until fork-tender.**
- Mix ½ cup of wine and ¼ cup of flour until thoroughly combined. Add to pan and cover.
- Simmer on the stovetop 30 minutes more. When finished, the sauce should stick to the ribs, but not be too heavy. If needed, add stock or wine to thin the sauce.
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
**Meat is fork-tender when it gives when a fork is inserted and twisted.
- Grilling Instructions
How to Grill the PERFECT STEAK
Please remove thawed meat from the refrigerator and let rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
READY, SET, SEAR!
Pre-heat your Gas or Charcoal Grill: Sear over high heat EACH SIDE for 1 minute with lid closed. Then transfer steak to indirect heat OR reduce heat to low. Close lid and cook according to the times and temperatures below. Steaks will continue to rise in temperature 5 to 10 degrees while at rest after grilling.
Times are organized by thickness and temperature for easy grilling. Grill times are suggested guidelines only, actual times may vary depending upon your grill type and temperature.
GIVE IT A REST
Always let steaks rest 5 minutes before slicing.FILETS MIGNON & CENTER-CUT RIBEYES
Thickness Rare 110° To 120° F Medium Rare 120° To 130° F Medium 130° To 140° F 1.5" 3 minutes EACH SIDE 3.5 minutes EACH SIDE 4 minutes EACH SIDE 1.75" 3.5 minutes EACH SIDE 4 minutes EACH SIDE 4.5 minutes EACH SIDE 2" 4 minutes EACH SIDE 4.5 minutes EACH SIDE 5 minutes EACH SIDESIRLOIN STRIP STEAKS, RIBEYE STEAKS & PORTERHOUSE STEAKS ** Thickness Rare 110° To 120° F Medium Rare 120° To 130° F Medium 130° To 140° F 1" 4 minutes EACH SIDE 5 minutes EACH SIDE 6 minutes EACH SIDE 1.25" 4.5 minutes EACH SIDE 5.5 minutes EACH SIDE 6.5 minutes EACH SIDE 1.5" 5 minutes EACH SIDE 6 minutes EACH SIDE 7 minutes EACH SIDE 1.75" 5.5 minutes EACH SIDE 6.5 minutes EACH SIDE 7.5 minutes EACH SIDE 2" 6 minutes EACH SIDE 7 minutes EACH SIDE 8 minutes EACH SIDE
- Nutritional Information
Wagyu 6 oz portion