DetailsThe return of a classic — our delectable calf's liver — with mild, sweet flavor and pâté-like tenderness. Sauté with onions and apples for a true epicurean delight.
"I can't wait to get this order - cannot find Calf's Liver anywhere around here!"
"I would recommend Allen Brothers to EVERYONE!!!"
- Shipping Info
Exclusive AB Prime Protection for a Delivery in Wholesome Condition
- We are eager to pack and ship your Allen Brothers order and offer your choice of the following Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Days: Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- Order BEFORE Wednesday, Noon CST to receive your order on Friday of the same week!
- Orders placed after Noon CST on Wednesday will reflect available Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Dates for the following week - sorry, we do not ship our products over the weekend.
- Overnight Delivery Service reduces the time-in-transit to just 1 day for an additional $25 and is the perfect solution if you would like to receive your order on a Tuesday or you place your order AFTER Noon CST and would like to receive your order within 2 business days.
- All meats are individually shrink-wrapped and flash frozen to lock in all natural juices and flavor.
- Products are packaged in an attractive gift box and nestled in a reusable polystyrene container with enough dry ice to ensure safe delivery. The container is placed in a heavy-duty corrugate box for an additional layer of protection.
- When sending a gift you must make sure the gift recipient will be available for delivery.
Please see our SHIPPING PAGE for shipping costs, holiday order deadlines and more: https://www.allenbrothers.com/contact-shipping-information
- Cooking Instructions
Veal Calf’s Liver with Apple and Port Wine Sauce
8 4 OUNCE SLICES; SERVES 4
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
- 8 4 oz veal calf’s liver slices, thawed*
- steak-cut bacon slices, thawed* (or 8 slices of regular bacon)
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Allen Brothers glace de veau (or ½ cup beef broth)
- 1 cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon slices on medium-high until crisp.
- Transfer bacon to a dish to drain or pat dry. Crumble bacon. Discard all but 4 tablespoons of fat from skillet.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme in a shallow dish. Dredge liver in flour mixture and shake off excess.
- In a skillet, heat fat on medium-high. Add liver and cook until tender and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes (or 8-10 minutes for steak cuts). Transfer liver to a plate, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Add onion and apples to skillet and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in glace, port wine and vinegar. Boil mixture to reduce, 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over liver, sprinkle with bacon and serve.
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 15-20 minutes before cooking.
- Nutritional Information