DetailsPoulet Rouge Fermier™" all-natural, hormone- and antibiotic-free chicken is unique and full flavored, unlike any chicken outside of Paris. Grown domestically from a heritage breed originating in France, pasture raised on an all-natural diet. One chicken serves 3-4. Chickens are air-chilled which preserves true flavor and prevents added moisture. Ships frozen.
- Shipping Info
Exclusive AB Prime Protection for a Delivery in Wholesome Condition
- We are eager to pack and ship your Allen Brothers order and offer your choice of the following Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Days: Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- Order BEFORE Wednesday, Noon CST to receive your order on Friday of the same week!
- Orders placed after Noon CST on Wednesday will reflect available Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Dates for the following week - sorry, we do not ship our products over the weekend.
- Overnight Delivery Service reduces the time-in-transit to just 1 day for an additional $25 and is the perfect solution if you would like to receive your order on a Tuesday or you place your order AFTER Noon CST and would like to receive your order within 2 business days.
- All meats are individually shrink-wrapped and flash frozen to lock in all natural juices and flavor.
- Products are packaged in an attractive gift box and nestled in a reusable polystyrene container with enough dry ice to ensure safe delivery. The container is placed in a heavy-duty corrugate box for an additional layer of protection.
- When sending a gift you must make sure the gift recipient will be available for delivery.
Please see our SHIPPING PAGE for shipping costs, holiday order deadlines and more: https://www.allenbrothers.com/contact-shipping-information
- Cooking Instructions
Products included in this recipe
ONE CHICKEN SERVES 2-4
Thaw* product completely on a dish in the refrigerator 36-48 hours before cooking.
1 Heritage Poulet Rouge™ Chicken (3.5 - 4.0 lbs)
Half-stick (2 oz) unsalted Butter, softended
2 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
2-4 cloves minced garlic
Chopped Aromatic herbs such as rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare herbed butter by combining softened butter with coarse salt, pepper, minced garlic (2-4 cloves) and chopped aromatic herbs.
Slide your fingers between the skin and the breast meat to create a pocket on both lobes of the breast and spread as much of the herbed butter as possible without tearing thru chicken skin.
Once seasoned, truss the chicken by tucking the wing tips under the bird and tie the legs together tightly using butchers’ twine. Place on Roasting rack in Roasting Pan.
Roast chicken in Roasting Pan in oven until minimum internal temperature reaches 165°F, measured in the thickest part of the thigh using a probe thermometer (Approx. 90 minutes)
Allow the bird to rest for 10 minutes before untying and carving. Serve with Natural Jus and/or squeeze of lemon.
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
- Nutritional Information
Poulet Fermier Heritage Chicken Whole