DetailsHeritage Black is a distinguished breed, one of the first domesticated turkeys to be developed from Native American stock, believed to be the same breed served at the first Thanksgiving feast. We source our turkeys from a small family farm in North Carolina where they have continuous outdoor access with protection from harmful elements. See for yourself how flavorful heritage turkey can be. Unstuffed and ready to cook. Serves 10-14. Ships frozen, when placing your order please allow for thawing, 2-4 days in refrigerator.
- Shipping Info
Exclusive AB Prime Protection for a Delivery in Wholesome Condition
- We are eager to pack and ship your Allen Brothers order and offer your choice of the following Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Days: Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- Order BEFORE Wednesday, Noon CST to receive your order on Friday of the same week!
- Orders placed after Noon CST on Wednesday will reflect available Allen Brothers Prime Delivery Dates for the following week - sorry, we do not ship our products over the weekend.
- Overnight Delivery Service reduces the time-in-transit to just 1 day for an additional $25 and is the perfect solution if you would like to receive your order on a Tuesday or you place your order AFTER Noon CST and would like to receive your order within 2 business days.
- All meats are individually shrink-wrapped and flash frozen to lock in all natural juices and flavor.
- Products are packaged in an attractive gift box and nestled in a reusable polystyrene container with enough dry ice to ensure safe delivery. The container is placed in a heavy-duty corrugate box for an additional layer of protection.
- When sending a gift you must make sure the gift recipient will be available for delivery.
Please see our SHIPPING PAGE for shipping costs, holiday order deadlines and more: https://www.allenbrothers.com/contact-shipping-information
- Cooking Instructions
Whole Natural Turkey
UNSTUFFED 12-16 POUND TURKEY; SERVES 12-16
Thaw* product on a dish in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove giblets, rinse turkey inside and out with cold water and pat dry.
- Make your favorite stuffing recipe and fill cavity or use large chopped onions, carrots, celery and fresh herbs.
- Place on a roasting rack in a roasting pan and tuck wings under turkey. Brush with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast until skin is golden brown and crisp, occasionally basting with juices that collect in the pan, to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.** When done, breast meat will be white (not pink) inside. (A 12-pound turkey takes about 4 hours.)
FOR BEST RESULTS
*See Delivery Storage and Thawing for thawing details.
Remove thawed product from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
**The USDA recommends cooking to a minimum internal temperature of 180°F. Use a meat thermometer and check temperature in the center of the meat.